Saturday, December 3, 2016

"Scans show no return of disease"


I started this next update before Blu had her scans but thanks to Facebook, most people saw and we are so happy to report, her scans showed NO sign of disease having returned.  More directly, they didn't show any Cancer!  Sigh of relief!!! I cried, and cried, then celebrated, then cried and I think I have zero tears left in me.  I didn't realize I was so worried till I heard the news.  During her scans I kept looking for tumors and freaked myself out with all the dark spots and things I thought might be bad, they said nothing showed up.  That said, she still has 8 weeks remaining before final scans.


 Walking into her scans. THANK YOU UNIVERSE!!!

Her port is clearly shown. 

Xray was super easy!


Officially Liv has 8 weeks left.  Its CRAZY to think about how fast time has gone since July 29th when Max and I took her in for "constipation."  What an absolute whirlwind this ride has been. 
It's been hard but it has also come with so many lessons and opportunities to show Jet and Liv about helping others, being humble, being understanding, karma, love, friendship, and enjoying life NOW because my goodness you don't know what will happen tomorrow. 




I am ready to be done with this hallway!


There is nothing like seeing your child suffer.  There is nothing, and yes I mean nothing, worse than seeing your child cry in pain, go through surgery, not understand all that is happening, having to explain one more poke, one more scan, one more needle and admittance to the hospital, just one more hour in the ER or oncology ward, one more doctor visit,  carrying around her turquoise vomit bucket places etc etc.  But....she is going to be so much stronger (which if you know Blu this idea seems near impossible because she is one bad ass little girl), her brother Jet has a new understanding of patience, we ALL have a better understanding of appreciation for friends, and family and as hard as it is, letting others help because people really do want to help.  People really are good and they just want to help.





On that note- we took several gifts that had been given to Liv which she had duplicates of and donated to the Treasure Chest at the Clinic.  Liv LOVES giving back and this made her day :-)






Liv's big dose last friday went...ehh...ok.  Port access went fine but no blood would come out.  This has never happened.  They put her through all these motions, arm raises, sitting up, lying down etc to get blood flow.  This added a solid 2 hours onto what I was secretly hoping would be max 4 hours.  Liv was a trooper of course and smiled through it all, even the port access.  Everything seemed to take longer and we were wiped out by the time we left.  Not knowing whether or not she would be sick at night we both took turns being awake to look at her, feel her head, check her blankets.  Being so tired we both snored like a somebody warming up their Harley and kept each other up all night. Both kids sleep on our floors on their mattress toppers and we love having them next to us but between Liv grinding her teeth (which has to be the most uncomfortable sound ever... like nails on a chalkboard uncomfortable), to Jet who wake up at midnight nearly every night and sneezes a solid 12 times before going back to bed, to Ringo laying on Jet's bed scratching his dry skin, to Peekay who, bless his heart, has bronchitis and coughs like he just chain smoked a pack of cigarettes, to me waking at 5 and praying silently it is only midnight... well... neither Max nor myself have been sleeping all that well these days so I feel like I am running on empty most days and we all need a vacation lol!! :-) 




This dose was the biggest so far and it knocked her out.  She was nauseous on the way home and Daddy carried her upstairs and got her comfy for the rest of the day.  She did well Saturday  but then when I came upstairs Sunday morning Max was sitting with her helping her vomit in the toilet. Such a sweet, sad but also precious photo.  Sometimes I think I am taking too many photos but I also think come 25 she will look back and be happy these moments were captured on film.


Carry me Daddy!


He handles her throwing up so much better than I do.



Savy, Gabrielle and Blu- my good friends Melinda and Devri's amazing girls came to visit. They had fun wearing Liv's hats and playing together. They are all born within 4 months of each other!!





As many of you already know, Liv Blu's art was turned into shirts and a cute tote bag and its been AMAZING seeing people post photos in support of her.  I mean AMAZING!!!  Liv was pretty emotional seeing the first one as its a visual sign of love and support and it just, ahhhhhhhhhhhh, makes my heart swell so much seeing how happy it makes her!  Art is her love language.  Its how she shows her love and thanks and feelings- she draws all day and makes notes and pictures so to see others wearing her love, well, I am beside myself.  Thank you everyone who got a shirt or tote.  A HUGE thank you to Robert Thorton of Paper Clouds Apparel who made this all happen.  I encourage everyone to check out papercloudsapparel.com and see the amazing things he is doing for those in need.  Plus he is just a super rad dude who sets a great example for so many.







Today at Jet's soccer game :-) So happy in Max's lap. :-)






So many moochies for his baby girl :-) 


On top of the fantastic news from her scans, we found out that next Friday we're scheduled for.... absolutely nothing!  She has no labs, no scans, no blood draws and it will be the first time since July 29th that we have a break from the hospital. Yippee!!!  The following week she will get the biggest dose yet but I'm living one day at a time and enjoying a small break from it all.  Thank you everyone!



2 comments:

  1. الكلادينج هي ألواح تستعمل لتغطية واجهات المباني زجاجية ذات ألوان معدنية، وهي مقاومة للحريق وعازلة للحرارة وخفيفة الوزن شركة سيستم بنل هي افضل شركة كلادينج في مصر كما أن ألوانها متعددة وكثيرة جداً وطريقة تركيبها سهلة وسريعة بالإضافة إلى أنها قوية ومتينة نظراً لجمال شكل الكلادينج باتت تستخدم في المداخل وحشو مطابخ الألوميتال مما يمنحها مظهراً خلاباً فريداً من نوعه تختلف اسعار تركيب كلادينج واجهات واجهات الكلادينج هي واجهات يتم تنفيذها باستعمال ألواح مصنوعة من ثلاث طبقات الطبقتان الأولى والأخيرة مصنوعتان من الألمونيم ويتوسطهما مادة للحشو

    ReplyDelete