Tuesday, August 2, 2016

One step closer to home...




Words cannot describe what it felt like to bring Liv Blu back to our room.  It has become our home away from home and, in some small way, it feels like she is back in our bed where she belongs.  She's been in and out of consciousness since leaving the recovery room.  When asked about how she's feeling, we were given the standard symbol of disapproval; thumbs down.  However she did nod in agreement that removing the Sucker Ball was easily a 3 or 4 thumbs up so we feel pretty solid about that review :) So far the major complaint has been a dry and sore throat from the tubes that were inserted during the surgery and there was a brief moment of vomiting but she immediately declared afterward, "I feel much better."  We've all been there :D

She's still in Drowsyville obviously and will be there for sometime.  I know she's super uncomfortable and will continue to be for the next several days but just knowing that we got that massive thing out of her safely makes it so much more bearable.  Discomfort with the knowledge that the Sucker Ball is gone is something I can handle.  The 6 hour surgery was another story!

Mom just laid down on the couch for some much needed rest and I can't seem to leave the chair next  to the bed.  Knowing that we just got through such an important milestone has me on a high you just can't buy.  I've said it before but I'll say it again, I didn't make this baby but damn it if I'm not madly in love with this baby.

I'll end with this... Carlie and I have been so overwhelmed by the generosity of our family and friends and even friends of friends whom we've never even met.  We felt ALL of the positive thoughts, energy, and prayers from you all and we are so grateful.... so, SO grateful for all of it  :)

Thank you!

Max

5 comments:

  1. It's so easy to love little Liv! She is now, at only 6 years old, someone I look up to. So brave, so strong and so resilient. Huge sighs of relief that this part is over. Love and hugs to you all. I can't wait to cook up a storm for the family once you are ready for it. And, of course, endless Mr Frosty for Liv. Auntie Brandy will never tell her no!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you guys at children's hospital?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not personally met Liv, but I know you and I know that Carlie and the kids have brought so much love into your life. And for that I love them as I love you! My thoughts and prayers have been with you all through this trying time and GOD answers prayers. You have a little warrior on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never met Liv but I can't believe how brave she is being through all this. You have one tough cookie there. You are all in my thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never met Liv but I can't believe how brave she is being through all this. You have one tough cookie there. You are all in my thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete